Why Choose St. Croix Hospice Near Kansas City
Local St. Croix Hospice caregivers live in the communities they serve, providing in-person hospice care services for patients wherever they call home, including private residences, nursing homes and assisted living facilities. We bring our expert care directly to you.
Services We Offer
Expert Clinical Care
Each of our branches in the Kansas City area uses a holistic hospice model that puts patients at the center, surrounded by an expert hospice team who provide comprehensive physical, emotional and spiritual support.Learn about Expert Clinical Care
Our in-home hospice care services include support for loved ones to address end-of-life questions, help with advance care plans, respite and vigil care, and offer bereavement support.Learn about Family Support
Lighthouse End-of-Life Planning Program
Along with providing expert care, St. Croix Hospice is there to help patients and their families plan for the future. Utilize our complimentary planning program and care team support to make important decisions about your, or a loved one’s, end-of-life wishes.Learn about the Lighthouse End-of-Life Planning Program
InTouch Family Connection Program
Local Kansas City branches offer tools, technology and support to keep patients and loved ones connected, even when they are apart.Learn about Intouch Family Connection Program
North Star Dementia Program™
Our hospice care teams serving the Kansas City Metro area are Dementia Care Certified. Proactive symptom management for hospice patients with Alzheimer’s and dementia-related disorders to provide a safe environment and improved quality of life for patients and caregivers.Learn about the North Star Dementia Program™
Voyage Vigil Program™
Increased care team presence at the bedside when signs and symptoms indicate a patient is approaching the end of their hospice care journey.Learn about the Voyage Vigil Program™
Words From Our Community
Your Care Team
- RN Case Manager: All in-person hospice care provided by St. Croix Hospice in the Kansas City metro area has a RN Case Manager available to ensure care is coordinated and managed appropriately. The RN Case Manager facilitates communication between the hospice and other health care providers involved in the patient’s care. The RN Case Manager secures all necessary medications, supplies and equipment related to terminal illness and related conditions. The RN Case Manager incorporates specialized nursing skills related to palliative and end-of-life care into all clinical care provided. The RN Case Manager will provide the patient and family/caregiver with education regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care and processes for addressing ethical issues.
- Physician Services: St. Croix Hospice Physicians provide oversight of Physician Services by complementing attending physician care, acting as a medical resource to the interdisciplinary group, assuring continuity of hospice medical services and confirming the appropriate measures to control patient symptoms.
- Social Worker: St. Croix Hospice Social Workers in the Kansas City metro area offer support to patients and caregivers for the emotional challenges of terminal illness. Services provided by the Social Worker include counseling, identifying community resources, help with funeral plans or legal matters, and information about advance directives.
- Hospice Aide: St. Croix Hospice Aides administer routine personal care services as part of in-person hospice including: bathing, washing hair, range of motion activities, dressing changes, assisting the patient to the bathroom, use of commode or bed pan, assisting with meal preparation, feeding the patient, light housekeeping and/or linen changes. Hospice Aides do not administer medication. Aide activities will be assigned and supervised by the RN Case Manager.
- Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapists: St. Croix Hospice contracted licensed Therapists or licensed Therapy Assistants provide rehabilitation services to promote the patient’s ability to continue activities of daily living, perform basic skills and manage symptoms. Rehabilitation services are not necessarily appropriate for all hospice patients, connect with your local St. Croix Hospice in Kansas City for more information.
- Volunteers: St. Croix Hospice Volunteers work with your local hospice care team to provide companionship, emotional support and conversation. Volunteers may be scheduled regularly or come for a single visit.
- Spiritual Counselors: Non-denominational St. Croix Hospice Spiritual Counselors, or “Chaplains,” provide spiritual care when requested. They can help patients and families navigate feelings such as fear, grief, forgiveness and anger during scheduled visits. Chaplains can also provide guidance with funeral services or connecting you with other spiritual support in the Kansas City community. Chaplains will not try to change your beliefs or impose their own beliefs.
- Dietary Counselor: Nutritional counseling may be implemented to ensure dietary needs are met for our hospice patients.
- Bereavement Counselor: Bereavement Counselors help family and caregivers navigate grief and provide information and resources. Bereavement support is also provided for up to 13 months following a patient’s death. The primary caregiver and all family members can receive bereavement support which may include phone calls, newsletters, visits and referrals to outside organizations.